metatag

Saturday, February 21, 2015

War Is Hell, or: Signor Movie's Oscar Nomination Roundup

I've had to tear myself away from writing my wartime memoirs.  I was working on the chapter about the time Bill-o O'Reilly and I were in Buenos Aires during the Falklands War and the hotel bar ran out of triple sec. I tell you, it was grim.

And, as with most things Bill-o related, it got ugly in a hurry.

Some memories are just too painful...

So let's pour ourselves a stiff one and talk about something more pleasant, shall we?

Here follows a very short list, by no means all inclusive, of the people who really got screwed by Oscar this time:

Tom Hardy, who gave beautiful performances in both Locke and The Drop.

Philip Seymour Hoffman who was excellent in A Most Wanted Man.

David Oyelowo who was equally brilliant as Martin Luther King Jr in Selma.

Ava DuVernay who directed Selma.

And, finally, would someone please explain to me what the Hell The Grand Budapest Hotel is doing on the Best Picture list, and what Wes Anderson is doing on the Best Director list? Sure, it was better than Moonrise Kingdom, but that's not a very high bar, now is it?

No comments: