metatag

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

American 235 years later

I've been thinking a lot the last few days about what America really is -- is this the nation where all men are created equal and every person can achieve his or her dreams if they really try, or is this a nation that the founders not only couldn't have envisioned, but in fact would be repulsed if they saw it now? I do know that we are not one America, but rather two or more -- divided by race, class, economics, etc. So I've decided to post a few videos that I feel have a great deal of relevance today. Some are several years old, some are more recent, but they all speak to me now about the state of this once-great nation -- which I fear is heading down the road towards an oligarchy at best and fascism at worst. So I leave you with these songs and I sincerely hope that any of you that read my meager inadequate words from time to time will please comment with your thoughts. Maybe someone out there can help pull me out of this slough of despond...









No comments: