metatag

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Afterlife

You still here? Me too.

Shit.

It's not that I was hoping for the Rapture. No, what I was hoping for is that all those goofs who believe in the Rapture would somehow or other be spirited away. Now that would be a miracle. But once again, religion has let us all down...

Admit it, the world would be a much nicer place without them and their superstitious mumbo jumbo. Oh well, maybe next time...

On to more pressing matters. Do you think the Reverend Whatchamacallit would be willing to pay for all the charges I rang up in the expectation that, what with the world ending, I'd never get the bill? I understand he's got about $75 million he's sitting on, and I've got a pretty strong suspicion that it's not all earmarked for feeding the hungry and sheltering the homeless, so why not send a little my way? After all, it would be the Christian thing to do...

No comments: