metatag

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday afternoon video

OK, I'm not particularly consistent in when I decide to post music videos, but whenever I get the urge I will -- and I hope that I can turn some people on to some music they may not have been exposed to but that is brilliant! With that in mind, today I started thinking about this band. When B Franklin and I met back in about 1984, we realized we had a lot of things in common -- we both loved Peter O'Toole, David Letterman and Springsteen. We also both knew a lot of pretty much unknown bands. One we realized we had in common was Be Bop Deluxe -- possibly the most underrated band in the world.  Bill Nelson is both a great songwriter and an amazing guitarist. I hope that you will check this out -- it's worth your time. Every day for the next week or so I'm going to post a Be Bop Deluxe video, and I'm begging you to both comment on the blog and link to it if you like it -- let us know what you think! The more of  you that do this, the happier I'll be!

So here for your enjoyment is Be Bop Deluxe from 1975, doing "Maid in Heaven." Hope you all enjoy it!

1 comment:

B. Franklin said...

Thanks Mission Man! This one brings back a lot of memories--mostly good.