metatag

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weak on Defense

I've torn myself away from watching the latest Great White Hope, Jimmer Fredette, play against a college I have never heard of, just long enough to mention that there was a chart on the back of last Sunday's New York Times week in review section (yes, I am a little behind in my reading) that listed the largest Pentagon boondoggles. The total expenditures were in excess of 1.3 TRILLION dollars. (That's $1,300,000,000,000.) By expenditure I mean money pissed away. And by money I mean your tax dollars. And these aren't all of the boondoggles either--just the most egregious.

But by all means, let's cut teacher's pay, do away with collective bargaining, repeal health care reform, privatize social security, cripple the EPA, and gut every welfare program we can, because that's where the real waste is.

No comments: